Researchers in the Word Lab aim to discover how people understand spoken and written language.
• How do children and adults learn new information about what words mean?
• How do people selectively retrieve aspects of a word’s meaning that are currently relevant?
• What makes some people better at understanding words than others?
For a brief intro to our research have a look at:
1. An episode of The Allusionist podcast entitled ‘This Is Your Brain On Language’ featuring Prof Jenni Rodd:
2. Prof Jenni Rodd’s ‘meet the researcher’ video, which was made as an introduction to her research for undergraduate students:
Follow us on Twitter to get all the latest news from The Word Lab:Follow @TheWordLab